Add a dramatic detail to your outfit for that special (or everyday) occasion. This death's head hawk moth will be a conversation starter!
Some tips for that conversation:
- Latin name, Acherontia Atropos (I can't pronounce it either!)
- Native to the Mediterranean area, the Middle East and Africa
- Because of that skull pattern on its thorax, some see it as unlucky, or a bad omen
- It is harmless to people, but does raid beehives for honey
- It has been featured in literature: Bram Stoker's Dracula, Poe's The Sphinx, and Keats mentions the moth in Ode to Melancholy
- It is the moth on the promotional posters for the movie The Silence of the Lambs
- wingspan 5" and 3" high.
- made from textured cotton upholstery fabric, linen and satin
- body markings in fabric paint
- body stuffed with polyfil
- antennae in embroidery floss
- metal brooch clasp under one wing
- removable ribbon for hanging while you're not wearing it
Wear this to your next event, and you'll have lots to talk about
Ships registered post from France. Free shipping on orders of 100€ and over. If you've never ordered from France, please read our store policies page for details on payment, shipping and returns.
Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions about our products.