June 19, 2011
Everyone is telling her story these days. I love reading stories, and I love when others share theirs. I’ve decided to let my products, hem…I mean creatures, tell their story. What better way than in a video?
I was inspired by Megan Auman’s video challenge. By the time I found out about it, it was too late to enter, but she gives advice and detailed tutorials to get makers making videos about their work. I hope you are inspired too!
These are my steps so far:
• My actor friend introduced me to an AV student willing to work with me.
• We corresponded about our ideas for a stop-action video.
• We met to see where, how and when we’d shoot: in my sunny living room with my camera, with his tripod and editing skills.
• We set a tentative date to edit. This is where I’ll learn from him so that I can make more videos on my own.
• I’ve spent a week so far making props: caterpillars, leaves, butterflies…
I’m including a few preview photos. Can you guess what the story is?
Comments will be approved before showing up.
February 22, 2021
And today, she felt agile and unfettered.
No longer leaf-bound.
February 12, 2021
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Sign up for our monthly message about wildlife, new creatures and more...
Subscribe to our monthly message and get 15% off your first (or a future) purchase.